1 HaberdasHer: NME Office Attire: a week in outfits

Sunday 26 January 2014

NME Office Attire: a week in outfits

Happy Sunday Everyone! I'm very excited to share this post with you all because it comes a day before I'm due to start a week's work experience in London at NME Magazine. Having been an NME reader since I was 14, this magazine was my gateway into all the music I love now and a big influencing factor on my decision to study Music Journalism, so needless to say I'm pretty excited (and a little nervous!)

Not really knowing what to expect, I've tried my best to be prepared; making sure my dictaphone has batteries, lots of working pens, notepad and lots of ideas for content etc etc. I've also gained some control over the situation the only way a fashion blogger knows how: my pre-planning my office outfits. Even though NME appears to have a pretty casual dress code, I figured there's no harm in making a good smart first impression, and I know an outfit I'm comfortable in will put me in the right mindset for the long days of work and commuting. So, assuming it doesn't snow (fingers crossed!) and ruin my plans, here are my outfits for the week, featuring as per, lots and lots of Primark!



MONDAY 
Polka Dot Denim Blouse - £5, Primark
Black Skater Skirt - £3.99, Topshop via eBay
Burgundy Loafers - £13.50, New Look For ASOS

TUESDAY
Green Aztec Print Skater Dress - £8, Primark
Burgundy Cardian with Military Buttons - £5, Primark
T Bar Patent Shoes - Office (gift!)


WEDNESDAY

Cream Floral Dress and Matching Bow - custom vintage, £5
Mustard Jumper - Primark via eBay

THURSDAY
Fluffy Beige Jumper - Hand Me Down
White Blouse - 99p, eBay
Check Pleated Skirt - 99p, Bon Marche via eBay
Red Mary Janes - £30, Topshop


FRIDAY

70s Print Blouse, £5, Primark
Black Corduroy Dress - £5, Primark
Black Glitter Socks - £1, Primark
Red Mary Janes - as above

What do you think of my outfits? Wish me luck! 


No comments:

Post a Comment