1 HaberdasHer: Primark's Yellow Laced Wonder - The one that almost got away

Friday 14 June 2013

Primark's Yellow Laced Wonder - The one that almost got away

Readers, I have a confession to make. When I was in Manchester for Judy's Affordable Kilo Sale a few weeks back, I have to admit that vintage clothes were not the only thing I fell in love with. In fact, I started an infatuation with a dress from a store about as non-vintage as you can get. Behold, ladies and gentlemen, for I give you Primark's yellow laced wonder.


I mean really, how was I not supposed to buy this? It has a collar, a swirly skirt, polka dots... The second I tried it on the mahoosive Manchester in Primark I knew this was THE dress for my friends sisters graduation party next month. Fitted perfectly across the chest, skirt was a decent length and I felt like I was 5 years old again and going to a tea party.

 I think we can all agree that yellow is not for the faint-hearted and I was initially worried that wasn't doing my mixed race skin tone any favours. Having already spent £20 at the vintage fair, I was beginning to feel a little naughty - I know fashion bloggers do a lot of 'haul' posts but I for one feel somewhat guilty about spending more than a certain amount on clothes in one day. This dress was £22 - nothing bank breaking but pretty top of the range for Primark. So, I put it back on the rail, got the train home and lived in instant regret for two weeks.

In the fortnight that followed, I'm pretty sure my boyfriend wanted to dump me for all the times he'd look across the sofa and i'd be frantically searching for this dress on the eBay app. It made no appearance in the Huddersfield store, nor in my hometown store of Stevenage (yes, I rang my mum and made her go look). It seemed the yellow wonder was going to be my very own one that got away- I couldn't really justify the tenner of train far back to Manchester to get one what with rent and all the other boring expenses of being a student in between loan dates.

But result! Anyone who knows me knows that I am a music journalist by trade, and was lucky enough to get a press pass for Parklife festival through my other blog, safetyinsound.com. Not only was I delighted by a free festival, I had an excuse to go back to Manchester!

And so, this happened.







I am so, so glad I bought this dress. Sure, I can't imagine it is the most popular of items due to its boldness and will probably end up in the £5 sale in a few weeks, but who cares? Sometimes, you just gotta have it.


1 comment:

  1. I'm still regretting not snapping this dress up! You look lovely in it though x

    ReplyDelete