1 HaberdasHer: Down in the forest... the newest edition to my woodland family

Wednesday 31 July 2013

Down in the forest... the newest edition to my woodland family


As you can see, I've been doing a bit of stitching! I am very much an amateur sewer, but after being inspired by pinterest, I thought I'd try my hand at making some little creatures to practice my embroidery skills and make use of some of the fabric samples I have been hoarding.

Anyone who reads this blog will know that I LOVE foxes and owls. I actually made a fox a few months ago, (inspired by Sass and Belle's Paddy the Fox) out of some gorgeous bunt orange suede that I ordered from John Lewis. This goes with the Owl cushion I made when I came to uni. Recently, I got thinking about all the other little woodland critters I could make. 

This led to me unearthing some pink suede and gingham to make a little bunny rabbit. Isn't she sweet? I'm still contemplating finding some sort of furry pink to sew onto her ears, and I quite fancy making a little white pom pom for her tail.



Here she is with her friend Mrs Fox!



What do you think of my woodland critters? And what animal should I make next? 



No comments:

Post a Comment